Dear Families and Friends,
Happy 100th day of school
Please see below for details of upcoming events on campus.
- NWEA MAP Testing: From today until February 24, students in grades 2-9 will be taking their latest round of NWEA MAP assessments. SCIS Uses the NWEA MAP test to assess student learning multiple times per school year in grades 2-9. The MAP test is an adaptive test giving feedback on student progress and growth over their career at SCIS. Later this term, you will receive a letter with your children’s latest MAP results.
- Class, New Student, and Re-take Photo Day: Tomorrow (February 14th) On this day lower school students will take their whole class photos; all new students that were not present for our photo day in the fall will be take their individual school photos, and any student that wishes to re-take their individual photo from fall will have the opportunity. Lower School parents, please let your child’s teacher know if you’d like them to have a re-take photo. Also, lower school students who have PE on this day should wear their regular school uniform, and bring their PE uniform with them to change into for class. Upper School students who would like to re-take their photo from the fall session should immediately inform Upper School Secretary Jelly Ling in the office.
- DP Orientation Parent Morning: High school parents are invited to attend a special orientation to the Diploma Programme with US Vice Principal Naomi Shanks and US Counsellor Maja Kelly. We will be discussing vision of the program, requirements, course offerings, college entrance implications, and much more. All HS parents are welcome. Thursday 16 February 10:30am in the Library Conference Room.
- Bagel Sales Friday Morning! PAFA will be selling bagels to raise funds for the end-of-year graduation party on Friday, February 17 @ 7:30am in the cafeteria. Bring 20RMB and get your day started off right with your bagel of choice.
- 2017-2018 Reenrollment: Re-enrollment letters for the 2017-2018 school year were sent out to all families last week. If you did not receive the letter, please contact our Admissions office immediately at email@example.com
- Volunteers Wanted: As a reminder from the most recent PAFA meeting, Mr. Luebbe is seeking parent volunteers to serve on two different groups. Each group will be made up of parents, students, and faculty. The two groups will work towards:
Improving schoolwide communication (full, but willing to add more parents)
Prioritizing facility enhancements over the next three years (seeking 1 more parent member)
To learn more, please contact Mr. Luebbe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the Date! PAFA Art Auction – April 22: Parent, mark your calendars now for PAFA's marquee annual event to be held on April 22. Dinner, drinks, dancing, and many incredible art pieces being created by your talented children will highlight the auction! Save the date as you will not want to miss this fantastic adult only event! PAFA will be sharing more information on this year's theme and tickets soon.
- Parent Outreach Program: Are you interested in helping new or prospective families learn more about SCIS-Pudong? Learn more about the Parent Outreach program here or email email@example.com.